The HPE OfficeConnect 1420-24G Switch delivers cost effective gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) connectivity offering small businesses 10 times the performance of Fast Ethernet with unmanaged plug-and-play simplicity. Supports silent fanless operation, automated features for hands off operation and low power consumption.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Key Features
- Unmanaged plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet switching
- Green features for low power consumption
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Quality of Service capabilities for improved network efficiency
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The 1420 Switch Series includes nine Gigabit switches. All have 10/100/1000 ports for affordable Gigabit connections using copper Category 5 cabling. There is a model with 16 RJ-45 ports. There is a 24-port model with two SFP Gigabit ports, ideal where long distances require fiber-based connections. Another 24-port model supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+ on 12 of its ports, able to forward up to 30 W power on these ports to power access points, IP phones, IP cameras, and other PoE-enabled devices. For cost-effective high-speed fiber-based server connections, there is a 24-port 10/100/1000 switch with two SFP+ 10-Gigabit ports. Lastly, there is a model simply with a 24-port 10/100/1000 layout.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches have Quality of Service (QoS) support and IEEE 802.3x flow control features that improve network efficiency.
Simplified plug-and-play convenience is supported by features such as auto-MDIX and auto-speed negotiation. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has innovated and combined the latest advances in silicon technology to bring you some of the most power-efficient switches. All models support the Energy Efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az standard, as well as auto power-down mode on idle ports and power saving on short-distance cables. With their fanlesssilent operation, these switches are ideal for office deployment. HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Technical Specifications
I/O Ports and Slots
- 24 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T); Media Type: Auto-MDIX; Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full; 1000BASE-T: full only
- Supports a maximum of 24 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
- Dimensions: 17.32(w) x 6.81(d) x 1.73(h) in. (44 x 17.3 x 4.4 cm)
- Weight: 6.61 lb (3 kg)
Memory and Processor
- 1 MB flash; Packet buffer size: 512 KB
Mounting and Enclosure
- Mounts in an EIA standard 19-inch telco rack (hardware included)
- Desktop mounting
- 100 Mb Latency: < 8.0 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 16 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- Throughput: Up to 35.7 Mpps (64-byte packets)
- Switching Capacity: 48 Gbps
- MAC Address table size: 8192 entries
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating relative humidity: 5% to 90% @ 149°F (65°C), noncondensing
- Nonoperating/Storage temperature: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- Nonoperating/ Storage relative humidity: 5% to 90% @ 149°F (65°C), noncondensing
- Altitude: Up to 16,404 ft (5 km)
- Acoustic: Power: 0 dB No fan
- MTBF (years): 140.34 years
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Maximum heat dissipation: 55 BTU/hr (58 kJ/hr)
- Voltage: 100–240 VAC, rated
- Current: 0.3 A
- Maximum power rating: 16 W
- Idle Power: 28.3 W
- Notes: Maximum power rating is the worst-case theoretical maximum number provided for planning the infrastructure with fully loaded PoE (if equipped), 100% traffic, all ports plugged in, and all modules populated. This model comes with an internal power supply. Power cord provided based on region option.
- CSA 22.2 No. 60950; UL 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1
- FCC Rules Part 15, Subpart B Class A
- Generic: EN 55022, CISPR 22
- EN: EN 55024, CISPR 24
- ESD: IEC 61000-4-2
- Radiated: IEC 61000-4-3
- EFT/ Burst: IEC 61000-4-4
- Surge: IEC 61000-4-5
- Conducted: IEC 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field: IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions:IEC 61000-4-11
- Harmonics: EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker: EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3
- Notes: IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet protocol is supported by the HPE OfficeConnect 1420 24G (JG708B), HPE 1410-16 (J9662A) and HPE 1410-24 (J9663A) Switches.
- Refer to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise website at hpe.com/networking/services for details on the service-level descriptions and product numbers. For details about services and response times in your area, please contact your local Hewlett Packard Enterprise sales office.